A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

How to Fight Stress with Food


It's back to school time. Well, not for me, I'm finished with college and have my wonderful accounting job.......with a huge passion for healthy food and an active lifestyle.  What am I doing?  Anyway, back to school season is stressful for students, teachers, parents, and anyone who has to drive through a school zone on their way to or from work.


The new Stress Balls....not meant for squeezing!!
 Stress sucks and food is good; healthy food that is!  I refuse to take a pill or some other form of medicine unless I really "have" to.  Otherwise, I feel food can provide relief to most of my ailments.  I've seen a lot of you fellow bloggers posting about your back to school woes and excitement, and I can still remember the mixed emotions.  I even feel as if I'm a student heading back to college around this time each year.  Maybe it will never fully wear off.


Potent Anti-stress combo - Roasted Brussels, Garlic, and Mushrooms
 I have posted on several healthy foods that provide relief from stress and many other mental and physical issues.  In essence of keeping today's post short and not stressing over a lengthy, pretty post, check out the following links for great ways to reduce stress and enjoy delicious food at the same time.

5 Anti-Stress Foods

Benefits of Bananas

Feel Nice With Ginger's Spice

Go Greek (A Greek yogurt post)
Parents, reduce your stress and have a banana while taking the little ones to school. Teachers, sip on spicy ginger tea throughout the school day to keep your stress at bay.  Students, fuel up with plain Greek yogurt (Chobani is my fav) with honey, peanut butter, and banana mixed in. School zone drivers (which would include all three I just mentioned), do all of these tips because driving to work is already a bummer!


Peanut Butter, Chia Jam, and Chobani Greek yogurt on homemade protein bread. Problems? What problems?
 Hope this helps get everyone started into the new school year with a great big SMILE!

Q: How do you relieve the daily stress in your life? I follow most of the info in my posts and have several types of anti-stress food every day.  Bananas just rock, and they are stellar when you add peanut butter! Instant happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Being a person living in today?s FAST world, stress has become a way of life for all of us. Providing Darwin?s theory of ?Survival of the fittest?, we all adopt to this stress and go on with our lives. Science invented that how we can reduce our stress with Tinny buttons Remedy. Its a Mobile Game when you pressed its button with your thumb it starts to reduce your stress. This is plastic made thumb So its science' s new technology to reduce stress.

    ReplyDelete