A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Easy Lifts and a Couple WOD's + My First Double Unders!


Finally! I just purchased an Ultra Speed Cable Jump Rope from Amazon recently and was able to perform several double unders today.  You would think they are easy (maybe they are to you), but they have proven difficult to me; until now! Great way to end the week.
 
It would be nice for another three day weekend, but I guess that won't be happening, so we'll have to make do with two.  It was hard to get myself going for today's workout as I was feeling tired and unmotivated. But, I got better after warming up and cranking out a few double unders. Can you tell I'm excited?
 
Today's workout - Evening
 
Warm-up; double under practice for 5 minutes
Hang Snatch - 3 x 3x 95lbs
OH Squat - 3 x 5 x 65, 75, 75
Back Squat - 5 x 95, 145, 165, 185, 185, 185 (went deep; past parallel)
OH Press - 3 x 5 x 95lbs
 
WOD #1 - 4 Rounds; No Rest:
Double Kettlebell Swings (25lbs/arm) x 10
Med Ball Half Moon Slams* x 10/side w/ 15lb med ball
 
*Start with the ball on the ground to one side of your feet, bend over to pick it up and raise all the way over your head to the other side and slam down. This should be the shape of half a moon. Pick up and reverse the motion; now do it for 10 times each side.
 
Rest 90 seconds
 
WOD #2 - 4 Rounds; No Rest:
Body weight dips x 10
Tuck jumps x 10
Jump Rope x 100
 
 
This was the last day of my de-load week and will shoot for a few heavy lifts tomorrow. I am thinking of trying for my Crossfit Total which is finding your 1 rep max (RM) for the squat, press, and dead lift.  I'll post an update either way.
 
If I do the Crossfit Total, I plan on doing a WOD with Kelley a few hours later.  Have you heard of the Deck of Cards workout?  I'll explain more tomorrow, but I have a good feeling it will be fun...and exhaustive!

Okay, off to chow on a salad topped with slow-cooker veggies, nutritional yeast, and microwave egg whites.
 Then it's on to a few protein smoothies with frozen blueberries and Greek yogurt!  Perfect ending to the week.
 
Any big plans for you this weekend?  I'm really craving just doing a puzzle with Kelley.  We've been on this kick with puzzles lately and need a new one.  Any suggestions? I'm thinking something Food!

No comments:

Post a Comment