I was going to post this last Tuesday, but my whole post was deleted from a server change on Recipage.com.
See my complaining here.
Now that it is back up and running, I'll make this post with only the recipe; then there's not much to lose the second time!
Avocado Balsamic Chevre Cookies
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 20 - 30 min
Ingredients (12 medium cookies)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup unflavored and gluten-free protein powder
- 3/4 cup whole grain corn flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats; or just use more protein powder or corn flour
- 1/2 cup NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend, 12 drops liquid stevia, or 4 stevia packets; you can use 1/2 cup honey, agave, or sugar instead (add more sweetener if you want a sweeter cookie)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 4 ounces goat cheese; I used the creamy chevre wrapped as a log in plastic
- 1/4 of a soft avocado
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a food processor, stand, or hand mixer, blend avocado, stevia or sweetener of choice, goat cheese, and egg until well combined.
Sift all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Add dry to wet and process or blend into a wonderfully fragrant cookie batter.
Use a tablespoon to scoop batter and plop onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes and flip over halfway through. Each oven varies, so just watch (and smell) these cookies while baking.
Remove and let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Eat and enjoy; sharing is up to you!
Powered by Recipage
What's the craziest ingredient you've used in a dessert recipe?