A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's under 100 degrees today!

First time in a long time for the cooler weather.  Although it is humid from the rain.  I'll try to mow with the push reel today after work...

I've been waiting on an update for my car, I guess I have to call again.  You'd think a business would be calling their client.........GUESS NOT!

Had a physical yesterday and the doc prescribed some anti-anxiety med (Celexa) that I will try tonight.  I'm not a fan of meds, but if it helps me have less stress, it will help others around me too.  I'm just hoping for none of the crazy side effects.

At work now, really ready to be home and relaxing.  We finished season 4 of Dexter and now feel lost.  I guess we can start Entourage again....

Dinner has been up in the air lately, but I'll have a salad with whatever it is.  Most likely I will finish with cereal and fruit with some greek yogurt.  Also, have some good Whole Wheat Sourdough bread I would love to try, just not sure what to put on it.  Could try simple butter, or some kind of dip/spread....

Homemade Cereal Kelley Even Likes:

2C Rolled Oats
1C Rye Oats
1/2C Applesauce
1/2C Yogurt
T Cinnamon
T Ginger
Dash of Nutmeg
Variable amt of vanilla protein powder

I just mix all ingredients in one bowl, spread out on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven at 340 degrees for 18 - 25 minutes.  Just eyeball the oats and smell to make sure it's not burning.  I usually stir them about 2 times before they are done.  Makes for a very low processed crunchy cereal to mix with yogurt, milk, and/or fruit.

Work Out:

Freestyle swim at 24-hr Fitness - 50 laps (1 = there and back) which is a little over 1.5 miles

Might do weights tomorrow and ride bike...can't decide for sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment