A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Friday, July 27, 2012

15 Fun Facts for Friday: Bananas


We all know and love bananas...right?  Well, most of us do.  In an attempt to make a quick, but interesting post, I wanted to share this list of 15 Facts You Probaly Didn't Know About Bananas.  Have a look; that's scary to think a fungus could wipe out the whole banana population.



Imagine, a world without bananas.....

No peanut butter and banana sandwiches or wraps. : (
No mashed banana to make Low-fat Peanut Butter Bread. : (
No cool and creamy easy banana ice cream. : (
No chocolate peanut butter banana smoothies. : O
And the list can go on and on...


I enjoy bananas, and from the other bloggers I read out there, you like them too.  Here's a post I made a while back on banana benefits and how to enjoy them. Sometimes, I just unwrap a banana, mash several dry roasted almonds inside, and then proceed to eat.  I'll do this when there's no peanut butter around or when I want a sweet, salty, and crunchy treat.

Q: How do you enjoy using bananas?  If you don't like them, is it allergies or just plain repulsed by the green/yellow/black-spotted yellow fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment