A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

27 Food and Drink Favorites

After you reach 21, it seems like each birthday become less exciting than the last. Sure, 25 has its perks, but they are few and far between. Maybe you agree, or you’re 45 and still celebrating like it’s your 13th birthday; add in alcohol though.
Well, today is my 27th Birthday and I wanted to post 27 of my favorite food and drink items. Creating this list helped excite me a little, and I could keep going way past 27 (you can tell some lines are more than one thing), but 27 is the number of significance today.

I will try to have as many of the items on the list as possible today. When it comes to food, these things are what I cherish most. Poor Kelley and close family members know this when I put off “Don’t Touch” vibes on some of my favorite items. I can admit, I get as territorial as a dog and his food bowl.




2. Peanut Butter with Carrots, Pretzels, Toast, or Bananas 


4. Barbara’s Shredded Spoonfuls Cereal

5. Vanilla or Chocolate Whey Protein Powder sweetened with Stevia

6. Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

7. Mustard with Carrots or Pretzels

8. Coffee
9. Plain, Non-fat Greek Yogurt

10. Roasted Mixed Veggies and Garlic

11. Oven Roasted Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, and Pistachios

12. Arugula

13. Mix of Salad Greens....I can eat alone by the handful

14. Roasted and Pureed Butternut or Delicata Squash; all Winter Squash is great, but these are my top favorites.

15. Puree of any Cooked Bean, Lentils, or Peas with mixture of Veggies for a Healthy Dip

16. Low-fat Cottage Cheese; alone, or as a dip for Pretzels, Carrots, Chips, or anything else that can be used to dip!

17. Cameo and Jazz Apples

18. Fresh or Frozen Papaya

19. Roasted Beets


21. Raw Honey

22. Cold Glass of Organic Skim Milk

23. Lean, Grass-Fed Ground Beef

24. Unsweetened Green and Herbal Teas

25. Plain and Flavored Stevia

26. Mushrooms

27. CAYENNE….did you think I’d forget?

How many of these do you enjoy? How many can you not stand? Leave a comment if you care to share, I’m always up for food talk! Until then, I think I’ll go have something from my list and enjoy time with my Mom and Kelley.

Happy Birthday…….me.



No comments:

Post a Comment