A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

100% Natural Zevia with Stevia.....Contest Extension

It’s hot! I’m sure some areas are hotter and others are not so bad, but the heat in Texas has me craving a good cola. Of course the marketing department at Coca-Cola leaves most of us with their cool, crisp red and white cans bursting through a refreshing wall of ice….they get credit for that. But really, high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners are not that refreshing for our bodies. Enter Zevia!
Zevia is a great drink for snack time....or anytime!!
From their website, Zevia provides the following information about their exquisite product:
“With only the purest ingredients, ZEVIA contains none of the chemically processed artificial sugar substitutes, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives found in other diet sodas. ZEVIA is 100% natural, has zero calories, zero net carbs, zero fat, and little or no sodium (depending on flavor).

All twelve delicious ZEVIA varieties – Cola, Ginger Root Beer, Dr. Zevia, Twist, Ginger Ale, Black Cherry, Orange, Grape, Cream Soda, Caffeine Free Cola, Mountain Zevia, Grapefruit Citrus – are more delicious and better for you than any other diet soda.

We were the first to do it with soda, and we are excited to share it with you.
We are making soda the way it should always have been.”
Having tried Zevia for myself, I completely agree this is the best cola product available. Nothing can replace water as the best beverage, but with Zevia, you get zero calories and a short list of all natural ingredients that will not strain your body.
The great people at Mambo Sprouts gave me a chance to sample a six-pack of Zevia flavors and then post a review. I was excited to open the package once it arrived and could not wait to try all the different flavors. Mambo Sprouts also provided a coupon for a free six-pack for me to use myself, or use in a giveaway. Since I’m not “that” selfish, I opted to pick one contestant to win the free six-pack coupon; more on this later.
Get creative and make a tasty mix with Zevia....I did and love it!

For the flavor reviews, I brought my dear wife, Kelley, along to share the can and get her perspective. Kelley does not use stevia sweetener and I thought she may have a different view on the flavors since I use it almost daily. Below are the tasting notes for each flavor tried
Kelley = Non-frequent stevia user

RC = Frequent stevia user
Grapefruit
Kelley - Crisp, refreshing taste with clean aftertaste and no bitterness. Would be good with vodka.

RC - Only a slight hint of grapefruit flavor, but it's nice and clean with none of the overpowering sweetness you get from some artificial sweeteners. Plus, mouth stays feeling clean as opposed to that plaque-y feeling with real sugar drinks.
Grape
Kelley - Ok, but wouldn't buy it again b/c she does not like grape sodas anyway. Very strong grape flavor throughout and funny aftertaste.

RC - I like the grape flavor, it is pretty strong, but it should be. There is a slight aftertaste, but something I'm used to as a stevia consumer. I would drink it again if offered to me, but don't see myself buying a six-pack or the stuff.


Mountain Zevia
Kelley - Never liked Mountain Dew, and did not like this one either. End of story.
RC - I didn't mind Mountain Dew, but didn't buy it often. This was a little off from Mountain Dew; I did not really like it either and would probably turn it down if offered to me. As a side note, I mixed half the can with some brewed mint green tea with ice and it was pretty tasty.

Cream Soda

Kelley - Love it! Want to buy more A.S.A.P.
RC - Very good. The flavor is just right, not too strong, and no bad aftertaste whatsoever. Mixed the rest of the can with brewed vanilla red (rooibos) and green tea on ice. The result was very refreshing. I like to mix things!



Ginger Root Beer

Kelley – Same as Cream Soda….loves everything from start to finish. She started to bug me about getting more soon. It made her day when I packed a can for lunch at work.
RC – This has been my go to drink for a great mixer at night. I like to use this to blend with good bourbon on the weekend. Bourbon or not, ginger and root beer are on the top of my list of favorite things and love this flavor!


Cola and Caffeine-free Cola
Kelley – Nice and simple; great replacement for Coke or Pepsi products. Would be great mixed with vodka!
RC – A little lighter in taste than Coke, but like it. It is good with vodka…..and bourbon.

If we had to choose a six-pack of one flavor, it would most likely be the Ginger Root Beer since both Kelley and I love the taste. Cream Soda would is a close second choice as it’s a very clean and comforting drink all alone or mixed with an iced tea as I mentioned. We both enjoyed tasting the different flavors and will only choose Zevia when deciding on a carbonated beverage. I urge everyone to try this great product; it is, as Zevia states, soda the way it always should be!
Zevia Contest…….Extended to Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I posted the Zevia contest details last week and only had one response. In hopes of having a more of a response and exposure, I am extending this contest for another week. The new deadline is midnight on 06/28/11. A winner will be randomly selected soon thereafter and announced on Facebook, Twitter, and the Just Add Cayenne Blog. Good luck and go try some Zevia for motivation.

Here are the details from my original post...
Entries to win the free 6-pack coupon are easy. You can have up to three entries by:
Posting your favorite Zevia flavor or one you’d like to try to the Comments section on this blog

Posting a link to Just Add Cayenne and mentioning this contest on your Facebook page; then post to Comments on this blog to let me know you did this

Tweeting about this contest and include a link to Just Add Cayenne; then post to Comments on this blog to let me know you did this

Remember to leave a comment for each thing you do. Your comments will count as entries into the contest and a winner will be selected at random.
If you haven’t done so already, try some Zevia beforehand….it will leave you ready to win to get some more of the satisfying taste of an all-natural, zero calorie soda.


Thank you, Mambo Sprouts, for giving me the opportunity to try this great product!

No comments:

Post a Comment