A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sick on vacation...

Kelley, my wife, and Abby, our Golden Retriever, are in Breckenrige, CO this week. I have been fighting a constant headache from a sinus infection since before we even left 5 days ago. I have what feels like a something the size of Texas and Alaska combined on my nose. Without getting into the gruesome details, I'll just it is the worst headache I can ever remember.

Being the stubborn person I am, after a slow start I have been able to enjoy all of outdoor activities Kelley and I have wanted to do. I hate admit, but I am pretty tired by the end of the day. This is hard for me to admit as I usually don't tire easily.

Anyway, aside from the Advil I have been taking, I owe some gratitude to the cayenne I have been adding to my foods. As seen in the listed benefit below, I feel the multiple daily use of this item helps tremendously.... Without drugs.

• Cayenne is useful in alleviating allergies, muscle cramp, improving digestion, gives more pep and energy, and helps wound healing with minimal scar tissue.
http://www.cayennepepper.info/health-benefits-of-cayenne-pepper.html

Try adding this to your soup or on veggies for a nutritional kick. To minimize the burn, vinegar is very helpful and tasty too. I will post a recipe once I have computer access.

No comments:

Post a Comment