I’ll leave her spaghetti sauce with lots of garlic recipe for another day; today is an ode to her mac and goat cheese. This is an easy creation with some creative additions; make your friends and family happy with this meal in no time.
Here’s what you’ll need to serve 2:
- 6oz Box of Annie’s Organic Whole Wheat Mac & Cheese; you can use other varieties, but Annie’s is the best!
- 2 to 4 ounces of creamy goat cheese in a cylinder wrapping
- Several Green Onions (Scallions); chopped
- 1 T Red Pepper Flakes; add more or use less depending on how much heat you want
- Boil pasta in water for time indicated on box, drain when done, and add pasta back into pot.
- Stir flavor packet into 1 Cup of skim milk (plain, fat free yogurt is good too), and mix into cooked pasta.
- Add goat cheese, red pepper flakes, and scallions to pasta and stir until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Peas are another great add-in for your veggie fix!|
This is a wonderful comfort food that should be a welcome addition to your home. Although it is in a box, and I usually say “NO” to packaged foods, Annie’s ingredients are all real food which makes this an exception to the rule.
Do you have a favorite boxed meal that you “customize” with extra flavor?