A foodie's quest to turn up the heat through strength and conditioning with whole food and a hungry mind.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Training Log - Wednesday 1/30/13


Nothing special to mention today.  Work was work and now I'm home resting after a good lifting session.
 
Before I go over the workout, I want to share this article on 83 Healthy Recipe Substitutions from Greatist.com. You should really check it out if you care anything about your health and the health of friends and family.
 
Other than the overhead squat, these are the same lifts from Monday's workout.  I did increase reps where I felt like doing a little more.  Body feels less tired, but quads are pretty tight and need a good stretch.
 
5 minute warm-up and another 5 minutes of handstand practice - handstands are improving!
OH Squat - 2 x 55, 70, 85, 95, 105, 110 (2 RM); 2sets x 4reps x 95lbs
Push Press - 3 x 5 x 110lbs
Back Squat - 215lbs x 6, 6, 10
Bent Row - 120lbs x 6, 6, 8
Front and side planks w/ 20lb vest x 2 x 62sec front and 50sec/side
Burpess with 20lb vest - 3 x 10
 
Overall good workout. I didn't eat enough at work today which is not new, but I'm making up for it now, in the comfort of my home; also nothing new! Tomorrow is my last training day until rest day on Friday; we'll see if I stick to that!
 
Do you ever hold off on eating when away from home and just anticipate a bigger meal when finally relaxed?  I'm a self-proclaimed homebody/hermit, so this is a common thing for me. I am getting better at going out though....baby steps, right?

2 comments:

  1. I’m always looking for new blog ideas. I know I need to try a giveaway, for sure. Will bookmark to have as a reference.
    Air Bra | Sandhi Sudha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article, you sharing is awesome, love it!

    ReplyDelete